Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service News

Smoke alarm without batteries found in Oxfordshire block of flats

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue told news providers about the smoke alarm which was without batteries Two residents in the first-floor property where the fire started were treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation. A fire in an Oxfordshire block of flats was discovered by sheer "good fortune" after it was revealed that batteries had been removed from the fire alarm. The fire at the building in Didcot, Oxford, was reported on Monday (December 13th) morning, reports BBC News. Tw...

vfd